Riverside County Sheriff’s Department will Migrate its “Antiquated” System to the SOMA Platform for Modern Records Management, Dispatch and Jail Apps to Over 4500 Sworn and Civilian Users
TAMPA, FL – 02/13/2020 – SOMA Global, a leading provider of Public Safety as a Service (PSAAS™), has reached a definitive agreement to deploy the SOMA Platform, including their advanced Records Management Platform, Dispatch Applications and Jail Management to the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department in California. According to Sheriff Chad Bianco, most of the current hardware and software employed for computer-aided dispatch, records management and jail management systems is outdated, and investments were needed to ensure the Sheriff’s Department has technology on hand to meet its needs going forward.
“SOMA Global has the software solution that can meet all our operational needs,” Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco wrote. “Some of the features that are unique to and sold exclusively by SOMA are their Native-Cloud Platform, Browser-Based Interface and Expansive/Extensible Platform. Their SOMA Platform features flexible deployment options that can be hosted on and off premises, which greatly reduces our hardware investment. They provide an all-in-one solution.”
“Our partnership with Riverside County is the first of several agencies in California”, said Peter Quintas, Founder and CEO of SOMA Global. “SOMA is making a significant investment in California as we expand our footprint to the West Coast and in support of Riverside County”.
The SOMA Platform allows for deployment in the cloud, on-premise or in a hybrid scenario and features:
- Search and share crime data from anywhere, in any browser;
- Fully integrated web maps to geographically visualize incidents;
- Multi-jurisdictional and advanced data sharing features for a complete operating picture; and
- A single, configurable platform that meets all the needs of the agency across dispatch, mobile dispatch, records, jail and operations.
- “We are dedicated to providing next-generation crime fighting tools that support the vision and direction of Riverside County”, said Nick Stohlman, SOMA Co-Founder. “Sheriff Bianco and his Command Staff are pursuing innovative solutions and providing real technology leadership in the region.”.
In the new partnership, Riverside County and SOMA plan to host a regional solution for the Sheriff’s Department and all of the other agencies in the County. The goal is to promote and expand data sharing countywide on SOMA’s advanced platform.
About SOMA Global
SOMA Global was founded in 2017 to redefine and deliver modern, best-of-breed public safety solutions with a primary focus on saving lives and protecting first responders. SOMA Global is a team of public safety and technology veterans that understands and respects the value of a partnership with an agency. Their Public Safety as a Service (PSAAS™) Platform offers the best Computer-Aided Dispatch, Mobile Dispatch, Records Management and Jail solutions on the market. Find more information about SOMA on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or at https://www.somaglobal.com.